Marketing Assistant Wanted
Job Description: The Marketing Assistant will work in partnership with Sonoro Choral Society’s (SCS) Marketing Director to develop content in relation to SCS’s goals, brands, content calendar, and the assistant’s individual strengths. You do NOT have to have marketing experience to apply!
During the first several months, you will work with the Marketing Director to assess your skills and preferences. All of your work will be approved by the Marketing Director before posting to social media or the website. It will be judged based on a) consistency with Sonoro’s brand and signature “voice,” b) effective use of links, pictures, videos, audio, and words to tell a story, c) appropriateness of content and timing, and d) whether or not it supports Sonoro’s goals. Eventually, you may be able to work independently to post to Sonoro’s website, newsletter, social media, and mass media.
This is an unpaid position; however, we can work with you to build resume experience, collect college credit, develop skills you’re interested in, and provide an opportunity to give back to the community.
- Working knowledge of Sonoro Choral Society’s mission and values.
- Able to commit at least 5 hours a month (preferably spread out evenly across the weeks).
- Computer literacy
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Willingness to accept correction and work several drafts of written content
- Willingness to use email, texting, and Facebook Messages to stay in communication with Marketing Director.
- Desire to learn writing skills, photography, social media, video/audio recording, and other marketing skills.
- Creative thinker willing to experiment
- Skills in Office products, Google products, Trello, and social media.
- Demonstrated competency in the fundamentals of photography/videography (including editing) and/or graphic design.
- Demonstrated writing skills.
- Ability to cover Sonoro and Elysium events on behalf of the Marketing Director.
- Talent for in-person networking
How to Apply
Send a cover letter indicating your interest in this position and 3 relevant examples of your work by email to Marketing Director, Johanna Hanson, at email@example.com. Examples of your work could include writing pieces (about 500 words long), photographs, video/audio recordings (no longer than 3 minutes), brochures or newsletters, and/or sample social media posts.
All-around Helpers Wanted
Advocate for Sonoro Choral using your own special skills. Support our mission of providing quality choral performance and musical education to the community by:
- reviewing our dress rehearsals
- telling your friends about us
- selling concert tickets
- greeting our guests at events
- organizing fundraising events
- …and more!
Email Johanna at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text Director Jeremy Shilley at 253-307-1226 with questions and/or to sign up!