We’re looking for new singers! Sonoro Choral Society prides itself on being a place for amateur singers to learn and grow in a welcoming, non-competitive environment. We perform professional-quality concerts all over the South Sound area.
To join the Sonoro Women’s Choir (SWC):
- Make an appointment with our Director Jeremy Shilley at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prepare a short solo (something easy like a verse from a hymn, or show tune)
- Bring two copies of sheet music to your audition (one for you, one for our pianist)
- Bring $20 for a musicians fee
Nice to know:
- You’ll audition alone with the director and pianist. It can be scary, but they’re nice and it’s casual.
- You might be asked to sight read an exercise or two
- There’s some paperwork to fill out, but we’ll walk you through it. 🙂
- We rehearse Tuesdays, 7p-9p at Steilacoom Community Church. Fees are $30/mo. which cover sheet music, venue fees, and musician payment.
To join the Sonoro Scandinavian Children’s Choir (SSCC):
- No auditions! Any kid of any heritage between the ages of 5 and 15 with an interest in Scandinavian folk culture is welcome. Simply email Director Jeremy Shilley at email@example.com to find out when rehearsals start!
- We rehearse Tuesdays, 6-6:45p at Steilacoom Community Church.
- Tuition is $30/mo. Ask about our sibling and family rates.
- Kids will learn stage presence, vocal technique, music theory, Nordic languages, and will perform alone and with the women’s choir.
Interested in Sonoro Men’s Choir?
We’re forming a list of men who would be interested in singing with Sonoro Choral Society. Please contact Jeremy Shilley at firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the list. We can’t form a choir until we know we have enough interest, so let us know! In the mean time, keep in touch by liking our Facebook page.